Under the Vocational Training & Employment Centre program initiative - the Connexions Team supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander jobseekers to find sustainable employment by aligning skills and ability to real guaranteed jobs. Our service is provided at no cost to employers and eligible participants.
Our VTEC also operates with the support and involvement of local Indigenous communities; and aligns to the values and needs of both community and and employers across the ACT, Shoalhaven and Far South Coast Regions.
Are you an interested
job seeker or employer?
What is a VTEC?
- VTECs connect Indigenous job seekers with guaranteed jobs and bring together the support services necessary to prepare job seekers for long-term employment.
- VTEC providers work closely with Government employment services, Indigenous communities and industry employers to source, train and support Indigenous people into jobs.
- VTEC providers prepare the jobseeker for a guaranteed job before the job starts, and then provide ‘wrap around’ support for the first 26 weeks of work, at no cost to the employer.
- The guarantee of a job before job-specific training starts is the key feature of VTECs.
Overview of the components of VTEC services
Importantly for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers and employers there are five components of VTEC services:
- Community engagement
- Work readiness
- Vocational training
- Guaranteed job
- Post placement support
Features of Connexions VTEC
As eligible job seekers move through these five stages, their progression is strongly supported by our Team of Mentors. While VTECs are responsive to the specific needs of Indigenous communities and employers, all VTECs follow the five stage process to ensure job seekers are equipped and empowered to take up guaranteed jobs. This service ensures:
- The commitment of job seekers is rewarded with guaranteed employment in culturally appropriate workplaces
- Vocational or job-specific training is directly related to those available jobs
- Committed employers can recruit indigenous employees with the skills for specific jobs
- Job seekers are assisted towards work-readiness and supported when opting into available jobs with Mentoring
VTEC Jobseeker Eligibility
Jobseekers must be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander & facing barriers
in gaining employment.
Are you an Employer?
We can assist you find employment-ready Aboriginal staff at no cost to your business; and our support of the new employee will also attract ongoing workplace assistance for over six months whilst they ease in to work.
Contact Connexions VTEC
0429 574 733